Friday, March 11, 2011

Crochet and Lent, OK it's a stretch...

Here we are, the Friday after Ash Wednesday already. Here is an awesome entry from St. Faustina's diary, in which she asks Jesus to convert as many souls as the number of stitches she crochets, and Jesus grants her request! :)


961


+ This morning after completing my spiritual exercises, I began at once to crochet. I sensed a stillness in my heart; I sensed that Jesus was resting in it. That deep and sweet consciousness of God's presence prompted me to say to the Lord, "O Most Holy Trinity dwelling in my heart, I beg You: grant the grace of conversion to as many souls as the [number of] stitches that I will make today with this crochet hook." Then I heard these words in my soul: My daughter, too great are your demands. "Jesus, You know that for You it is easier to grant much rather than a little." That is so, it is less difficult for Me to grant a soul much rather than a little, but every conversion of a sinful soul demands sacrifice. "Well, Jesus, I offer You this whole-hearted work of mine; this offering does not seem to me to be too small for such a large number of souls; You know, Jesus, that for thirty years You were saving souls by just this kind of work. And since holy obedience forbids me to perform great penances and mortifications, therefore I ask You, Lord: accept these mere nothings stamped with the seal of obedience as great things." Then I heard a voice in my soul: My dear daughter, I comply with your request.

Source: Diary of St. Faustina

Now for the stretch! Here are some pictures of what I've been crocheting the last couple of weeks...I wonder if St. Faustina can put in a word for me:





Currently, I'm working on a shawl.   Have a holy Lenten season!

No comments:

Post a Comment